This blog main purpose is as a journal/writing exercise!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

My new mattress is filled with sin

I can't move, or, to be more honest with you, I don't want to move. I've been paralyzed and in no localized manner, my friends. This paralysis is encompasses both body and mind, extends from the tallest hair on my head to the very tip of my big toe nail. It is due to no poisonous plant nor any venomous insect or lizard. I have not suffered an ill fated fall or a cataclysmic car crash, no trauma or illness has occurred, I have simply bought a new mattress and it is possibly the best decision I've ever made.
 I cannot sustain my motivations anymore, all I long to do, day in, day out, is relax on this glorious slice of heaven. If Zeus had a bed, this would be it, and all the other gods of mount Olympus would conspire to kill him and steal away his glorious bed. They would all obviously fail though, Zeus would be far to well rested after a night of uninterrupted, restive, recuperative sleep, to be overwhelmed by such minor deities.
 Like Rip Van Winkle, I rise every day, feeling as if I've just slept the century away! I peek cautiously out of my window each morning, wondering if i'll catch my first glimpse of a smooth, egg-shaped hover car climbing into the air past one of the thousands of glittering towers of metal, or maybe be horrified by an arid landscape, scarred and torn by years of warfare which I apparently slept soundly through. No prophetic vision of the future ever greets me. I, contrary to this impossibly rejuvenated feeling, only slept my standard six to eight hours.
These last few nights of glorious slumber have opened my eyes to the importance of quality relaxation and rest. It is not something that can be properly explained unless you have experienced the difference between the two. This extends past the just having a good mattress and into all aspects of life. "Don't act so taxed, slow down, relax, don't be wound up so tight" good words to keep in mind, because no situation has ever been improved by stress and worry and no person is ever at their optimal when worn thin by either of these forces. So join me, my friends, and kick of your tightly laced shoes, remove those old worn socks, and feel the air caress your bare feet. Focus on the present, removing yourself from past guilts and future obligations.
My body has needed this, now Ill just have to let my mind learn to follow.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing is better then a new mattress. I dream about the day when i buy one of those tempur-pedic adjustable beds. one day...one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well brother, if I'm still working at Blackberry Creek, we can hook you up for a pretty good deal ;)

    ReplyDelete